Tom Clancy's EndWar
By 2016, the world is seized by an energy crisis of catastrophic proportions that sees many governments struggling to maintain civil and economic order.
By 2020, The United States, Russia and Europe are locked in a spiralling arms race. Each has put a dozen ground-effect weapons satellites into orbit. One spark will ignite what no one thought could ever happen ... World War III comes to life in Tom Clancy's EndWar™.
- Next-generation strategy: Led by creative director Michael de Plater (Rome: Total War), Tom Clancy's EndWar will redefine strategy gaming. Designed exclusively for next-gen consoles, EndWar will create a theatre of war, immersing you in the drama of World War III in a way you never thought possible.
- Fight for your nation: Pick a side: U.S., Europe, Russia—the fate of the world is in your hands. If you don't step in to save your homeland, who will?
- Command your army: Grow your army into the most powerful force on the planet. Your army is completely customizable, and experience breeds strength, as units grow more powerful with every campaign you fight.
- Light up the City of Lights: World War III won't be won by capturing remote deserts or grasslands but by striking countries at their heart. Paris, Moscow, Washington D.C. will all erupt in flames as you battle your way through the fully destructible playground.
- A whole new level of massiveness: EndWar will be an online multiplayer experience unlike anything you've ever encountered. Sixteen-player matchups? Try hundreds. Thirty-minute battles? Try persistent matchups lasting for months at a time. This isn't a skirmish, this is World War III.
- Talk your way to victory: Put the controller aside and start shouting commands. EndWar can be played almost entirely via voice command.
Added by havoc of smeg has abandoned ship (11118) on Oct 11, 2010
Experience World War III in your living room with Tom Clancy’s EndWar, a revolutionary new war game completely controllable by voice.
A chillingly relevant storyline pits superpower against superpower in all-out war—with you in command. You'll take control of the US-led Joint Strike Force, the European Enforcers Corps, or the Russian Spetsnaz Guards Brigade in a single-player campaign or online against friends in a constantly evolving Theatre of War mode.
EndWar goes beyond other war games by letting you use your own voice to control your units, offering you true control of the action at the speed of thought.
Instead of the traditional top-down view, EndWar uses a unique third-person camera that puts you in the heart of the battle. Watch the devastation unfold as hundreds of units engage the enemy on fully destructible battlefields.
Cover, suppression, morale and many other elements of combat are taken into account as you battle your way across Europe and the United States.
True to the Tom Clancy legacy, EndWar offers a wide range of vehicles, weapons, and equipment based on real-world military research, giving you unprecedented access to the cutting-edge technology of tomorrow’s wars.
- The first strategy game to be entirely playable with voice command
- The massively multiplayer Risk-style Theatre of War campaign regroups hundreds of thousands of players in live action
- Forty real-life battlefields including Washington D.C., Paris and Moscow, with a level of detail previously associated with first-person shooters
Added by havoc of smeg has abandoned ship (11118) on May 19, 2010