DescriptionLike its predecessor Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown, Vegas is a more action-driven tactical shooter. You play as Logan Keller who is the leader of a Rainbow Six-Squad. Controlling two team-members, you have to take on terrorists who attempt to get the city of Las Vegas under their control.
The missions are all connected with one another through the storyline. You always have different goals like rescuing a hostage or disarming a bomb. To do so, you have access to different kinds of weapons from pistols to Assault Rifles and Gadgets like C4 or Tear Gas. You order your men around by aiming at something and then choosing from a list of options called "Rules of Engagement", available in a circle menu much like in Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter. They will then do they best to fulfill your order without risking their own lives by taking cover as often as possible.
Instead of a health indicator and medi-packs scattered around the map, your vision blurs when you get a hit. If you take too many, you die but if you take cover and wait a while, you recover and can once again take on the terrorists.
Compared to earlier versions, there are fewer enemies, but they are harder to kill due to the improved AI. The mission planning has been removed, for the first time weapons can be picked up from dead enemies, and the aiming system has been altered. The story is no longer told to cutscenes as the plot now advances through scenes during gameplay.
If you have saved Las Vegas or are tired of the AI, you can engage in the multiplayer-modes available for up to 15 other players like Assault & Defend, in which one team needs to take over an objective, defended by the other team, or just plain Deathmatch in the Sharpshooter mode. You can also play through the singleplayer story with friends or go on a hunt for terrorists on random generated maps.
There are no Xbox 360 user screenshots for this game.
There are 53 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Rainbow 6: Vegas" -- Informal name
- "レインボーシックス ベガス" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: UnrealEngine3
- Anti-Cheat Technology: PunkBuster
- Covermount: Fullgames
- Gameplay feature: Paper doll inventory
- Game with Creator's name
- Genre: Tactical shooter
- Middleware: DemonWare
- Middleware: Rendez-Vous
- Physics Engine: PhysX
- PlayStation 3 Greatest Hits releases
- Rainbow Six series
- Setting: City - Las Vegas
- Tom Clancy licensees
There are no reviews for the Xbox 360 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|FZ||Dec 30, 2006||100|
|Game Informer Magazine||Jan, 2007||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Xboxdynasty (XD)||Nov 25, 2006||9.4 out of 10||94|
|Kombo.com||Nov 21, 2006||9.3 out of 10||93|
|ActionTrip||Dec 12, 2006||91 out of 100||91|
|Gamesmania.de||Dec 07, 2007||88 out of 100||88|
|Armchair Empire, The||Jan 03, 2006||8.5 out of 10||85|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 30, 2006||17 out of 20||85|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 30, 2006||8 out of 10||80|
|UOL Jogos||Dec 22, 2006||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- 2006 – #3 Best Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2006 – Best Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – Best Successor of the Year
- 2006 – #3 Best AI of the Year
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2007 - #4 Game of the Year
- 2006 – #6 Game of the Year
- 2006 – #5 Console Game of the Year
- 2006 – #2 Xbox 360 Game of the Year
- 2006 – Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – Xbox 360 Shooter of the Year
- 2006 – Xbox 360 Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Article in the open encyclopedia about the game.)
- X360A achievement guide (X360A's achievement guide for Rainbow Six Vegas.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.