Forums > Game Forums > Wallace & Gromit in Fright of the Bumblebees > Amazing! New word in the comedy adventure genre!

St. Martyne (3648) on 6/6/2009 8:58 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Just finished this one! Can't even catch my breath. Suffice to say - it's the best Telltale adventure to date, and the best comedy adventure in years.

I might not be objective, for this was my first exposure to the tweedy marvelousness, which is Wallace & Gromit. But, even regardless of the warm and kind tone of this game, Telltale has outdone itself in other things like animation and puzzle-design as well. Puzzles are especially fun, all of them story-oriented with plenty of humor.

Speaking of humor, I don't believe I laughed as much with either S&M or Strong Bad. Even though I really liked the zaniness of those series, the lighthearted charms of this game seemed much more appealing and refined to me. It's such a pleasure to watch the interplay between the leading duo! And the final sequence even rivals my favourite chase scene at the end of Full Throttle!

Play it! Everyone! Now! I am speaking this in my most absolute and elitist tone of voice possible. Do not disobey me! Do not disagree with me!

Seriously, it's that good. I'm off to watch the Curse of the WereRabbit! See you soon!

Slug Camargo (583) on 6/7/2009 12:14 AM · Permalink · Report

You think my daughter may like it? She's 7 years old, a huge fan of Viva Piñata, the three early Monkey Islands and Day of the Tentacle, and currently playing and enjoying the hell of Plants vs Zombies and The Maw.

St. Martyne (3648) on 6/7/2009 6:03 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Schadenfreude wrote--]You think my daughter may like it? She's 7 years old, a huge fan of Viva Piñata, the three early Monkey Islands and Day of the Tentacle, and currently playing and enjoying the hell of Plants vs Zombies and The Maw. [/Q --end Schadenfreude wrote--]

I'm positive she'll love it. I'm sure you'll love it. There are puzzles for her solve and some of them she won't be able to do without your help. And the humor is classic W&G suited for children and adults alike.

Big John WV (26954) on 6/7/2009 4:01 AM · Permalink · Report

Wallace & Gromit looks interesting, not much into puzzle games, but I have been a fan of W&G for years. I was wondering though, does Peter Sallis do the voice for Wallace or did they get someone else to do it?

St. Martyne (3648) on 6/7/2009 5:58 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Big John WV wrote--] I was wondering though, does Peter Sallis do the voice for Wallace or did they get someone else to do it? [/Q --end Big John WV wrote--]

No. It's Ben Whitehead, a backup actor for Mr. Sallis. He does a great job, as all the other characters. Those lovely northern accents.