DescriptionArmageddon is based on the arcade game Missile Command where you are the commander of a Missile Battery and you have to protect six cities in this single screen shooter. Nuclear tracers fall from the top of the screen leaving behind a trail and as you move a cross-hair around the screen, you must fire a limited supply of missiles and allow them to explode in front of each trail to destroy them. If a nuclear tracer hits a city then it is destroyed and if all cities are destroyed then it is game over. A plane occasionally flies over the screen from left to right and you get bonus points for destroying it. Once a wave is over then bonus points are awarded for any cities and missiles left before being re-armed and you then protect the remaining cities from another attack. On the C64, you can choose the wind speed (0-9) before the game starts, with zero being no wind.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Ocean, ZX Spectrum) (For ZX Spectrum, Cassette: exhibit reference ID CH26709; additional material.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassette inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes. )
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)