DescriptionIn Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer you have the chance to test pilot 14 different airplanes, such as the Bell X-1 and the Lockheed SR-71. It features 10 different viewpoints both inside and outside of the plane, with a zoom of up to 256x, and different aerodynamics for each plane.
You can do different things with the planes, from racing against a computer opponent, to practising formation and stunt flights. You can follow the testing and development programme through its evolution.
There is a "black box recorder" to replay your flights, and analysis of your performance compared to an ideal one.
- "Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer" -- New title after Microsoft threatened litigation
Part of the Following Groups
- Aircraft: Civilian
- Aircraft: F-16 Fighting Falcon
- Aircraft: F/A-18 Hornet
- Aircraft: P-51 Mustang
- Aircraft: Sopwith Camel
- Aircraft: SR-71 Blackbird
- Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire
- EA Chuck Yeager Flight series
There are no reviews for the ZX Spectrum release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
AircraftOne of the planes is the SR-71 Blackbird and one of its test flight scenarios is trying to best Yaeger's altitude record.
Copy protectionThe game was not playable from the original disk since it was write protected and the game required the ability to write to the disk during play. However, the original disk was still required to be handy for the key disk copy protection.
SalesIt was EA's top selling game of 1987; 11% of their total sales in that year.
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- Commodore Format
- February 1991 (Issue 5) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- Power Play
- 1987 - #2 Best MS-DOS Game '87