DescriptionDracula is a text adventure based on Bram Stoker's novel of the same name. The player takes the role of Jonathan Harker, a lawyer who visits a certain Count Dracula in his castle. The game is divided into three separate text adventures which can be played independently, but build up on each other. The First Night is about Harker's travels to the castle and The Arrival deals with his time in the castle. During The Hunt, the last third of the story, the protagonist changes to Dr. Seward, the manager of the insane asylum in Whitby, Yorkshire.
The game itself is mostly concerned with story telling and atmosphere; it is relatively light on puzzle solving. The parser only understands verb + noun combinations.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Sinclair User||Jan, 1987||100|
|Your Computer||Oct, 1986||100|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Sep, 1986||9.33 out of 10||93|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Nov, 1986||8 out of 10||80|
|Your Sinclair||Feb, 1987||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
MarketingAccording to the Zzap!64 game review, the publisher CRL Group PLC purposely submitted Dracula to the UK rating authorities, which was not obligatory for games back then, so they could print a "unsuitable for anyone younger than 15" button on the box for marketing reasons.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: package material digitalizations; downloadable releases; goodies; manual digitalizations; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable link; Database; Music)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games; reviews; additional material)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; remakes links; magazine references; magazine adverts)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.