DescriptionEchelon is a space combat simulator with wire-frame graphics. Fly around an alien planet, looking for clues to a "mysterious event" in the planet's past.
The game has a feature that allows people to play without concerning themselves with battle, or turn off the "exploration" and concentrate solely on combat.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for the ZX Spectrum release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
C64 versionThe Commodore 64 version of Echelon shipped with the "Lip Stik", a headset and microphone that purported to take voice commands, but in reality just acted as a firebutton. It plugged directly into the joystick port.
ReferencesUnmarked even on the Hint Map were several unusual locations and structures, including a McDonalds, the Golden Gate bridge, and others. They could be blown up, and the bridges could be flown under and through (lengthwise).
SoundThe game uses Access' "Real Sound" technlogy - digitized sound through the standard PC speaker.
Information also contributed by Matt McLaine
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (MS-DOS) (For Tandy & IBM compatibles: exhibit reference ID CH11372; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (US Gold, Amstrad CPC) (For Amstrad CPC464: exhibit reference ID CH41747; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (ZX Spectrum) (For ZX Spectrum: exhibit reference ID CH9688; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Statistics page of compatibility with original DOS version.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassete inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Metacritic (PC) (For PC: reviews; ratings; critics; trailers; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes. )
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.