DescriptionThis interactive fiction computer game is based on the bestselling Cold War spy novel by Frederick Forsyth released in 1984 by Hutchinson publishing. As the novel's hero John Preston, you have been appointed head of the C1(A), an agency of the British Secret Intelligence Service. You uncover a plot, named AURORA, to take power in the Soviet Union hatched by a secret faction of high-level minds. In order to stop their plan you read a lot of info found in Top Secret folders, set wiretaps, monitor and interrogate suspects and informants, and gather facts and clues.
The game has three main sections - The NATO Documents, The Bomb and The SAS Assault. A secret code must be gained in order to proceed from one to the next. Unique icon-based graphics provide the means to conduct your investigation though they're not mouse-clickable (you have to browse the icons using the space bar). Plot twists and developments happen during the game and are communicated to you with text-only descriptions.
- "Frederick Forsyth's The Fourth Protocol: The Game" -- In-Game Title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Sinclair User||Jul, 1985||100|
|Crash!||Aug, 1985||9 out of 10||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable links, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (video game) (encyclopedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; magazine references; magazine adverts)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.