DescriptionTravel back to the Age of Chivalry when knights were bold, galloping across the countryside and rescuing damsels in distress. This game recreates the time of wizards and the Knights of the Round Table. Lancelot is a three-part interactive fiction adventure, spanning the complete saga from the foundation of the Order to its finest hour - the quest for the Holy Grail.
Guide Lancelot through his many exploits at Camelot, battle with wayward knights, and win the love of Guinever and Elaine. The challenge which has fascinated treasure hunters through the centuries is now yours - and you'll need all your strength, wit and valor to achieve your goal. To get the highest possible score, you should only kill combat foes when it is absolutely essential to survival.
The game's command set includes the ability to issue instructions to other knights, and to automatically GO TO a place you have previously visited.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Your Sinclair||Feb, 1989||9 out of 10||90|
|Crash!||Jan, 1989||90 out of 100||90|
|Sinclair User||Dec, 1988||83 out of 100||83|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CompetitionThere was a competition associated with the game: Within the text of the whole game, there were a number of words written in capital letters. Whoever managed to send a complete list of these words, would receive a golden grail goblet (about £5000 worth).
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Atari ST) (for Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; digitalised advertising; additional material)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (BBC Micro) (for BBC Micro: exhibit reference ID CH21067)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (for C64: high quality software sets (box; digitalised manual; miscellaneous; screenshots))
- Commodore Plus/4 World (unofficial freeware version) (for Commodore 16, Plus/4: downloadable releases; additional material)
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: package material digitalizations; downloadable releases; goodies; manual digitalizations; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: downloadable link; game entry database)
- Hall of Light (for Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; package material digitalizations; screenshots; additional material)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: game entry database; cover art digitalizations; additional material)
- Lemon Amiga (for Amiga: game database entry; magazine reviews; additional material)
- MSX Generation (for MSX: package material digitalizations; additional material)
- Stairway to Hell (BBC Micro: Hintsheet) (for BBC Micro: digitalised Official Hintsheets)
- Stairway to Hell (BBC Micro: map) (for BBC Micro: official digitalised map )
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (video game) (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: cover art; downloadable releases; magazine references; magazine adverts; additional material)
Concept and game design: