DescriptionBased on a flop 1984 movie of the same name, you play as music star Paul McCartney whose master tape for his new album has been accidentally erased. The engineers have managed to recover all the tracks except the first single "No More Lonely Nights". The group's backer, Rath, has given you until midnight on Saturday to remix the track and McCartney must drive around London searching out 7 band members who each have part of the tune then return to Abbey Road Studios in order to complete the track. You must read each person's profile to anticipate their movement and go to major London locations or subway Tube stations where they might appear.
The upper two-thirds of the screen usually shows a top-down view of the roads and your car as you guide it. It then will show a scene when you encounter a band member. The lower portion of the screen is your car's on-board computer showing an image of the next person to meet, the Tube station they will go in or out of and the time remaining. There's also a small map of your surrounding location and a blip showing where you are, and also the name of the nearest Tube station and the remaining time and music parts in your quest. As you drive the roads, you must avoid crashes and Rath's thugs who will be following you. You must also time your arrivals at the Tube stations because if you arrive too early and wait around too long, a parking authority will clamp your car.
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
HonorsThe game was included in GamesRadar's Top 7 weirdest music games ever.
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Mind Games, ZX Spectrum) (For Sinclair Spectrum: exhibit reference ID CH23478; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (film / video game) (Encyclopaedic entry for the musical film and the video game.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (soundtrack album) (Encyclopaedic entry for the soundtrack album to the film.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.