DescriptionThrust brings realistic physics and inertia-based movement into arcade games, directly influencing titles like Oids, as well as Exile from Audiogenic by the same author. The action is viewed from the side, with the graphics drawn in vectors, in keeping with the mathematical nature of everything that unfolds.
As a Resistance fighter, the player must fly into enemy lines in order to steal Klystron Pods to power more advanced starships, using your tractor beam to take them. A network of mounted guns are aiming to shoot the player down – these can be disabled by shooting their power source, but eventually this will explode, forcing the player to flee. Some of the later levels feature reverse gravity, which increases the difficulty of the gameplay.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Thrust+" -- Atari 2600 v1.2 release name
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Your Sinclair||Dec, 1986||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThrust appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)
- March 1991 (issue #42) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time in category Original Games (editorial staff choice)
- Commodore Format
- July 1991 (Issue 10) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Best Budget Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- Thrust - remake (A remake for Unix/Windows/etc. Highly portable.)