DescriptionYour home solar system of 15 planets has been attacked by a horde of Super Dreadnoughts, from a race who wish to harvest your universe's minerals for their own use.
You must pilot your craft through some of the hardest levels ever created, shoot down enemy space craft and ground weapons, and avoid the many indestructible hazards. When a sufficient number of enemies have been defeated the player can then land on the Dreadnought and proceed to destroy the ship's reactor.
The innovation is that you do not simply travel in a single direction, but instead move from left to right or right to left depending on where the current targets are, in a manner more similar to Defender than most shoot 'em ups.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the ZX Spectrum release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Sinclair User||Nov, 1986||100|
|Your Sinclair||Dec, 1986||9 out of 10||90|
|Crash!||Dec, 1986||90 out of 100||90|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Dec, 1986||9 out of 10||90|
|Computer Gamer||Feb, 1987||90 out of 100||90|
|Computer Gamer||Dec, 1986||75 out of 100||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Spectrum joystick issueInitial copies of the Spectrum version only supported the Kempston joystick protocol, rather than the Sinclair system which was the only one available to users of the then-new +2 models. After complaint from several people who'd bought the game and only been able to play it using the keyboard, Hewson altered the code.
- Commodore Format
- July 1991 (Issue 10) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- January 1992 (Issue 16) - Cf's all time Top Ten Essential Mega Games
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #46 The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Best Action Game of the Year
- Issue 04/1987 - #4 Best Game in 1986 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Uridium: A Classic Computer Game (One of the best Uridium fan sites; centers on the C64 version, but mentions others as well.)