DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The game (which has little in common with this title) puts the player in a role of an aspiring young...
Ceville, the tyrant ruler of the fairyland Faeryanis, had a great day until rebels decided to finally end his tyranny...
In Chain: The Lost Footprints the player takes the role of Takeshi Shinonome, a private investigator. One day he accidentally...
Chakra consists of four mini-games:Chakra de Chuck Norris: a timed quiz. The player can choose a theme (anime, magazines, or...
Chance of the Dead is a classic point-and-click adventure. Five years after her death, Janet Burdie is granted a night...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
A port of a PC version called Chanter: Kimi no Uta ga Todoitara which adds new character (Rina, Yuki's sister),...
Charade describes the daily high-school routine of a girl named Kazumi. The game proceeds from one school day to another,...
Charlaine Harris: Dying For Daylight is a single player adventure game that combines both point and click puzzle solving with...
Charlie Foxtrot and the Galaxy of Tomorrow is a freeware AGS adventure set in space, following the legacy of the...
Romance author Mima has published a trilogy of three choose-your-own-adventure books (the "Take Control" trilogy) in her preferred genre: dark,...
Charm is a visual novel that consists of five very short episodes from the life of a teenage girl named...
The Charnel House Trilogy is a trio of games which comprise a continuous story. They are point-and-click adventure games, set...
You're holed up in a secure military bunker in the year 2097, and while a war-ravaged world rots above, you...
Chátty is the second entry in System Sacom's Novel Ware series. Its story is set in the future and involves...
Nintendo DS (2007)
This game is an adventure/ mystery game with little musical rhythm game twist. The Cheetah Girls follows the Galleria, Chanel,...
Chef Lucca and his brother Guido had opened an Italian restaurant, which was loved in Reality-on-the-Norm. But an accusation from...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.