DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
In this brief piece of Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-style hyperfiction, the player directs the actions of an obsessive muggle fan who has somehow...
Unlike the original games from Chronicles of Mystery group which were typical 3rd-person point-and-click adventure style, Secret of the Lost...
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual is a point-and-click 3rd-person adventure game. The game is presented in 2D and contains...
In this sequel to Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual Sylvie Leroux, the young archaeologist, is working at Brittany’s Maritime...
Chronomaster is an adventure game, written by two famous science fiction authors, Roger Zelazny and Jane Lindskold.It takes place in...
Commodore 16, Plus/4 (2007)
Church of Death is a remake of the text adventure found on the cover tape of Sinclair User (Issue 129...
A young girl named Mana is determine to become a good nurse. She plans to attend the Hirasawa Nurse School,...
PS Vita (2015)
Suguha Fukami (深海 直刃) is a young boy, and the protagonist of the story, who liked to practice kendo martial...
Ciemna Strona is a science fiction point & click adventure game. The action takes place on board a space shuttle....
Nintendo DS (2006)
One day out of the blue, a dog with large ears that enables it to fly, dropped out of the...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.