DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Cosmos Quest I: To Find a Sun is sci-fi point-and-click adventure game. It is set in Yellow Fog Galaxy, somewhere...
Cougar's Quest for Freedom is a point-and-click adventure with classic gameplay elements. It is a short game made for the...
Mason Powers, a former CIA agent, awakens in a Turkish asylum with many of his memories erased. Gradually recovering from...
Countdown 1 - The Body is the first of a trilogy of text adventure games released as a prequel, of...
Countdown 2 - The Soul is the second of a trilogy of text adventure games released as a prequel, of...
Countdown 3 - The Mind is the third of a trilogy of text adventure games released as a prequel, of...
Commodore 64 (1986)
In Countdown to Shutdown, also known as Countdown to Meltdown, you control eight droids on the mission to find the...
Commodore 64 (1984)
You are on holiday in the Herefordshire countryside for a week, staying in a farm cottage, sightseeing around the local...
Commodore 64 (1985), Apple II (1980), Atari 8-bit (1981), VIC-20 (1981), TI-99/4A (1981), TRS-80 (1979), TRS-80 CoCo (1983), Browser (2002), BBC Micro (1984), Electron (1984), PC-88 (1985), PC-98 (1985), FM-7 (1984) and Exidy Sorcerer (1979)
You awaken in a sealed wing of the Count's Transylvanian castle, seemingly restrictive but yielding further avenues of secret passages...
Coup de Cup is a point-and-click adventure with classic game elements. It is a short game made for the May...
Windows 3.x (1992)
A guest in your Uncle Willy's farmhouse, your relation leaves a note for you asking for you to go to...
An old friend sends you a mysterious package and pleads for your help in uncovering a massive conspiracy that could...
Commodore 64 (1983)
The Dark Lord controls and spreads evil over your land and so it is your quest to destroy him for...
Not only mainstream games are parodied, even indie games cannot escape the vile claws. The Crackwell Legacy takes a few...
Atari 8-bit (1984)
The player controls a crewman on the USS Sea Moss, a nuclear submarine patrolling the icy waters of the North...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.