DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
This entry into the 2001 LOTECHComp puts the player in the role of an author with a blank page and...
Lou, a young man who recently moved from London to Lisbon, meets a woman called Catarina in a bar and...
A Day in San Bavón is a hyperfiction game created for the sixth issue of the Indie Developer Science Fair....
Xbox 360 (2010)
A Dreamland Chronicles Game is one part comic book, one part trivia game. To begin with, the player must read...
This rather lighthearted text adventure game features you as a Harvard University student living in Dudley House. Your goal is...
Select from five character classes (Paladin, Necromancer, Barbarian, Zen-Druid, Shadowy Tracker) and explore the three levels of the dungeon Ebon...
Taking its title from the English word "adventure" and the squeak of a mouse; "chu", Adven'chuta is an old school...
Hoping to reconnect with his estranged daughters following the collapse of his marriage, in 1977 programmer and spelunker Will Crowther...
As a graphical front-end for Don Woods' 1995 v2.5 of the original text adventure game, this port allows Mac players...
In this text adventure you have been tasked by the Emperor to find the three pieces of his Sceptre and...
Adventure is a port of the mainframe text adventure Adventure (also known as Colossal Cave Adventure). It is based on...
Commodore PET/CBM (1980)
Adventure 1: Cavern of Riches is a typical text adventure game in which the player must try to collect the...
Adventure 2600 Reboot is a graphical and sound update to the Atari 2600 game Adventure. Play is controlled by the...
Commodore PET/CBM (1980)
Adventure 2: The Great Pyramid, like its predecessor, is a text adventure game with little to no story. The aim...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.