DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
TurboGrafx CD (1997)
Crazy Hospital is a short unlicensed adult visual novel. The player controls a young man who feels sick and visits...
Creature Crunch is an animated point-and-click comedy adventure. The plot is about a boy named Wesley turned into a monster...
Cerberus City is not the place to be - all about "Murder, Death, Carnage" is what it is. But after...
Crescendo is the sentimental tale of Ryo Sasaki, and the last few days of his high school life before graduation....
Commodore 64 (1988)
The secluded Caribbean island of St. Malcolm is getting a visit from a cricket team from the UK to play...
This rudimentary (single-word command) text adventure takes a frequent game convention -- plunder and carnage -- and places it in...
Nintendo DS (2010)
An entry in the Art of Murder adventure game series focused on DS and its features. Player once again takes...
Nintendo DS (2010)
Crime Scene (also known as Criminology) is a law enforcement detective game with focus on forensics, much like CSI game...
An Italian adventure game based on the famous comic Martin Mystère by Alfredo Castelli.An important M.I.T. researcher, Prof. Eulemberg, was...
Criminal Case is a law enforcement-themed puzzle solving game originally dedicated as a Facebook application game. The player takes on...
Crimsoness is a short visual novel in which you take on the roll of Bakumi Moriyama. When she has three...
An anonymous traveler of the cosmos finds himself at the foot of a mysterious tower whose doors are ominously marked...
PlayStation 2 (2002)
Critical Bullet: 7th Target is a sequel to Bounty Hunter Sara: Holy Mountain no Teiō. The stage is Neo Tokyo,...
Early in the 21st century, a sudden shortage of energy and food caused World War III - the most devastating...
Croustibat is a game created to advertise the Croustibat line of fish sticks by Findus. It is a point-and-click puzzle...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.