DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Earth is dying, you, the player must save it by succeeding in the colonization of Mars. This is an adventure...
Jupiter Ace (1984)
The deep space cargo vessel, Cygnus has been attacked by pirates from the planet Retipujeca who have killed all the...
PlayStation 2 (2003)
High-school student Tōya Shinjō is what's known as a "Shinigami" -- an envoy of Hell who guides wandering souls, or...
PlayStation 2 (2003)
First Print Limited Edition package of D→A:BLACK contains: D→A:BLACK game Original DVD with various bonus content
Dacey in the Dark is a free side-scrolling adventure game. The game is entirely controlled by keyboard and features an...
Dača kota Leopol'da ili osobennosti myšinoj ohoty is a point-and-click adventure, based on Soviet/Russian animation series Leopold the Cat. Leopold's...
Adventure, action and a bit of role playing blend in Daemonica, a murder mystery set in 14th century medieval England...
In Dai Meiro: Meikyū no Tatsujin the player must navigate a 3D maze and reach the goal. Along the way,...
Daisy Goes Solo is a series of two adventure-platform games inspired by the original Dizzy series. This time it features...
The Damsel and the Beast is an arcade adventure where you must search 35 rooms of a a darkened Palace...
Commodore 64 (1988)
With a jolt you wake, reaching from your subconscious mind for a pencil and a clean sheet of paper from...
Commodore 64 (1992)
Life as an adolescent for Texas Timmy isn't too great at the moment. Reluctantly moulded into a cowboy by his...
In Dancing Cat's (sic), the player takes the role of an ambitious businessman named Kazuhiko. He founds a company named...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.