DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The player takes on the role of a young girl who has just moved into a new neighborhood. She explores...
Dark Continent is a single-player shareware recreational text adventure in which the player travels to Africa in search of a...
This is the sequel to The Dark Convergence and takes place some time after the end of the original game.The...
The Dark Convergence is a very rare horror adventure game from the early '90s.The plot is simple: one night the...
Commodore 64 (1983)
After surviving The Dungeons, you now enter the Dark Dungeons to find a magic scroll containing a riddle that needs...
Grim Oak is the second game in the Darkest Fear trilogy. It takes place five years after the events of...
Nightmare is the third and final game in the Darkest Fear trilogy and features two playable characters instead of just...
The Darkest Night is a graphical adventure game with a horror theme, set in the land of 'Tilorm'. The protagonist...
The Director's Cut Edition of Lights Out contains new graphics and effects, new puzzles, more encounters with ghosts, an enhanced...
Dark Fall: Limited 'Pins & Needles' Edition contains the classic version of Dark Fall: The Journal and a "Director's Cut"...
Five years ago Amy Haven disappeared. The Inspector in charge of the case believed her to have been abducted by...
This first-person, point and click adventure is an atmospheric ghost story which takes place primarily in an old train station...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.