DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Months before the compilation of D.A. Pursuit of Justice was available on retail shelves, Legacy Software sold its 3 cases...
Angie and Ruby are two ordinary young girls: they like spending time together, talking about fashion, men, and all the...
Commodore 64 (1992)
The night started off so well in The Swan pub for you, Frederick Davies, celebrating your final examinations after years...
Windows 3.x (1994)
Dare to Dream 2 is a first-person graphic adventure game which was released in episodes. Tyler, the main character, is...
Windows 3.x (1994)
Dare to Dream is a first-person graphic adventure game which was released in episodes. Tyler, the main character, is caught...
Windows 3.x (1993)
Dare to Dream Part One: In a Darkened Room is a point and click graphic adventure game viewed in the...
Dark Continent is a single-player shareware recreational text adventure in which the player travels to Africa in search of a...
This is the sequel to The Dark Convergence and takes place some time after the end of the original game.The...
The Dark Convergence is a very rare horror adventure game from the early '90s.The plot is simple: one night the...
Commodore 64 (1983)
After surviving The Dungeons, you now enter the Dark Dungeons to find a magic scroll containing a riddle that needs...
Grim Oak is the second game in the Darkest Fear trilogy. It takes place five years after the events of...
Nightmare is the third and final game in the Darkest Fear trilogy and features two playable characters instead of just...
The Darkest Night is a graphical adventure game with a horror theme, set in the land of 'Tilorm'. The protagonist...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.