DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
De Grote Griezelbox (The Great Horrorbox) is a compilation containing the following children's games: Freddi Fish 2: The Case of...
TurboGrafx CD (1996)
DE・JA is a remake of the computer game of the same name, a Japanese style detective/mystery adventure with adult scenes.The...
Windows 3.x (1991)
The Windows 3.x of Déjà Vu: A Nightmare Comes True features enhanced graphics as well a more organized windows system...
The Curse of Midnight Manor is the first game in the Delaware St. John series. The player takes on the...
After the events in the first game, paranormal investigator Delaware St. John is pondering where his visions come from and...
The Seacliff Tragedy is the third game in the Delaware St. John series. It covers a separate case for paranormal...
Delicious Lunch Pack has nothing to do with lunches (or anything delicious, for that matter); but it is indeed a...
The Oracle of Delphi was the ultimate place of wisdom, the home of the Seven Great Wisemen of Greece, known...
Nintendo 3DS (2015)
The objective of this room-swapping puzzle platforming game is to free Baron Von Sottendorff from his own madness; to do...
The objective of Demon Dungeon is to escape from a dungeon full of monsters. The game is text based and...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.