DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Amstrad CPC (1986)
Dempsey and Makepeace is a licensed game based on the British television series with the same name. The player takes...
Denarius Avaricius Sextus is a text-parser adventure game similar to adventure games such as King's Quest. The game is set...
TurboGrafx CD (1994)
Four beautiful sisters - Foltjunia, Eindebelle, Leamuroda, and Crealidelle - fight an evil alien race known as Bestia in deep...
This flash demo version is optimized for web display and does not fully reflect the quality of Deponia. It is...
Der Clown is an action adventure game, based on the German TV series of the same name. You are tasked...
The sequel to Nacah, Derek is a point and click adventure game with a Christian theme. A group of people...
This edition is limited to German-speaking countries and contains: Yesterday Poster Ringtones (MP3 format) Soundtrack
Der Schatz im Silbersee is a graphic adventure game with an icon-based point-and-click interface.Based on the novel Der Schatz im...
The year is 2156. Tokyo has turned into a crime capital, where violence flourishes. Gang wars, murders, rape, and rampaging...
Crypto is back yet again for the 3rd game in the series. The game takes place sometime in the 1970s,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.