DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The player takes the role of a young boy who one day gets sucked into a fantasy world along with...
TurboGrafx CD (1993)
Digital Comic Patlabor is based on the anime series Patlabor. In the near future, officers of Tokyo Metropolitan Police pilot...
The Digital Spell is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. There is no inventory and actions can be controlled via...
Dinner for Pigeons is an adventure games with puzzles based on discovering the correct hot spots on the screen. The...
BBC Micro (1985)
Dinosaur Discovery is an educational game developed for schools. Teachers use the game in conjunction with teaching materials to provide...
Dinotopia is an adventure game designed primarily for children which is based upon the books "Dinotopia" and "The World Beneath"...
N-Gage (service) (2008)
Dirk Dagger is a detective in the city of New Heaven. Together with his partner Harry Cannon, they are private...
Dirty Little Slut is a text adventure game. At the beginning there is choice among six different actions: ill-treatment, help,...
Dirty Split is a classic point-and-click adventure which takes place in the 1960s. It follows the case of a private...
PlayStation 2 (2002)
Keith Miyamoto is a reporter who works for an important newspaper in Los Angeles. In 2005, he travels to an...
Overlord Laharl has decided to cut the Prinnies' salaries after he has been "assassinated". As a Prinny who found a...
Commodore 64 (1988)
Disk 3: Realm of Darkness, The Cup, Witch Hunt is a compilation of three games by River Software: Realm of...
This 1995 version of Dismal Passages is a remake of the original Dismal Passages from 1992. The remake changes both...
Disney Princesses: Collection Blanche-Neige is a compilation of two Disney's games for girls : • Blanche-Neige: Le grimoire de la...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Ebenezer Scrooge is a mean old man. He never does good things to anyone - he simply refuses their demands...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.