DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Nintendo DS (2007)
The angel LuLu asks high school student Akuji Nishimura to locate a witch who has sneaked into his school. There...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Akuji Nishimura, this time in high school, once again must find out if female characters are witches, although this time,...
Nintendo DS (2009)
The third installment in the Doki Doki Majo Shinpan! series takes place during a holiday break from school on a...
In Dollar the player takes the role of a female police officer who has to solve a tough case: The...
The medieval country of Ouroboros is in trouble. An evil earl has been oppressing the population, imposing heavy taxes and...
Doll: Ouroboros 2 continues directly the story of the first game. The evil vampire earl from the first game has...
After his first adventures, Dominic Crane continues to further explore his subconscious with the help of hypnosis, this time trying...
Dominic Crane is an artist constantly assaulted by nightmares where he is trapped in a strange place he never visited....
This retail compilation contains thirty DOS games: Command Adventures: Starship Power Rangers Zeo Versus The Machine Empire Universal Warrior iF-16...
Donnie Darko: The Adventure Game is an unlicensed AGS adventure game, based on the 2001 film of the same name....
Dopplegänger is a single person, interactive fiction, text adventure.Inter-Planetary Human Simulations has finally developed an android, the "IPHS-3939/41-B" called "IP-39"...
This edition of DOR is a collection of three short stories, taken from two different DOR games:From the first DOR:...
A young treasure hunter named Asuta travels together with his faithful companion, the cute angel-like creature Mink. One day, Mink...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.