DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Commodore 64 (1983)
One minute you were out in a shopping centre, the next a huge Earthquake rips through the centre causing devastation...
A sci-fi adventure in which the player attempts to save Earth from a collision with a mechanically controlled asteroid. Space...
Game Boy Color (1999)
Earthworm Jim is up against 12 levels of bad guys as he explores his bedroom. It's far from the adventures...
ZX Spectrum (1987)
In this game you play the role of a man who has to help out different people living in Albert...
Made for Easter 2003 this title includes two sections: Puzzles from the Alley Ten puzzles vary from search for the...
East Side Story is the fourth Carol Reed game. While on vacation, Carol receives a letter from a friend visiting...
As the game tells us, Joe wants to see the world. Sadly, there are a series of trivial obstacles in...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
In the year 2044, Richard Osmond and Claudia Seifer take a flight into space in order to be married on...
In EcoQuest: The Search for Cetus, the player is cast into the role of Adam, the twelve-year-old son of the...
An expedition was sent to the moon, to explore mysterious ancient ruins that were discovered there. Your name is Glenn,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.