DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
This cartoon-style children's adventure features some well-known Muppet characters from the Sesame Street television series, notably the furry red monster,...
'El principio del fin' is a Spanish old amateur adventure game where you are Alfredo, a loser wandering through the...
Jim Guinderslifth, the main character of this adventure, is a young thief who discovers that a captain is preparing a...
Originally released for PC (Windows) as an adult adventure game, the ports to Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 removed the adult...
Emily is never satisfied. Fed up with the incompetence of her servants and parents, she slaughters them all. The wealthy...
Commodore 64 (1985)
The king of Vorzdeshaa is planing to overthrow the Emperor of Karn. Since the Emperor does not want to go...
This is one of the few adventures created specifically for the Mac. The evil Hurks are amassing an army and...
DOS (1983), PC Booter (1983), Amiga (1986), Atari ST (1985), Commodore 64 (1983), Apple II (1983), Atari 8-bit (1983), TRS-80 (1983), Amstrad CPC (1986), TRS-80 CoCo (1984), Macintosh (1984) and Amstrad PCW (1986)
You are a dim ignorant Apprentice Enchanter, but your task is enormous. You must save the world from the warlock...
Enchanter: Wakaki Madōshi no Shiren is an enhanced remake of Infocom's text adventure Enchanter.The story is the same as in...
Mike Goodman is a con artist. Together with his girlfriend Sarah, he makes a poor living from tricking people into...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.