DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Mike Goodman is a con artist. Together with his girlfriend Sarah, he makes a poor living from tricking people into...
The Endless Night is a top-down adventure game that starts without a back story as the main character wakes up...
PlayStation 2 (2001)
In Endnesia, the player takes the role of a boy who went into the park and suddenly found himself in...
Enemy of Chaos is a satirical fantasy/sci-fi gamebook simultaneously released both in conventional print form and as an iPhone /...
Kouji Saitou (斉藤 光志) is a private investigator who finds himself arrested for the murder he did not commit. What's...
A journalist is contacted by genius clockmaker Clarence Flatt, to make an investigative report on his work and legacy. In...
The Collector's Edition of Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower comes with several exclusive features: a bonus adventure with new scenes...
Victor Hugo's Les Misérables is the first entry in Enter the Story, an interactive world of classic novels of which...
Dante's Divine Comedy is the second entry in Enter the Story, an interactive world of classic novels of which the...
Genesis of the Gods is the third entry in Enter the Story, an interactive world of classic novels of which...
A Tale of Two Cities is the fourth entry in Enter the Story, an interactive world of classic novels of...
The Count of Monte Cristo is the fifth entry in Enter the Story, an interactive world of classic novels of...
Windows 3.x (1994)
In this adventure game the player controls an archaeologist who is looking for artifacts on Tarsus. But while searching the...
Commodore 64 (1985)
In this sequel to The Staff of Karnath you once again play as explorer Sir Arthur Pendragon. You are in...
Eol-ui Hwansang-ui Seom Guchul Jakjeon is a follow-up to Eol-ui Moheom. The cute yellow anthropomorphic animal Eol travels to the...
Epic Escapes: Dark Seas is a puzzle adventure hidden object game, set in a sinking capsized ship.The storyline follows the...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.