DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Loosely based around the Gibson Games board-game, you are in control of a team of 4 POWs – a Brit,...
A small adventure game written in the script language used for the Amiga's standard software installation program, hence masquerading as...
Amateur made, shareware imitation of Monkey Island 2 / Simon the Sorceror. But don't let that put you off -...
A woman is enjoying her vacation trip aboard a cruise ship, when suddenly the boat hits a coral reef and...
Escape From Manhattan is a game inspired by the movie Escape From New York. The year is 1999 and Manhattan...
Escape From Pulsar 7 is the fourth title in the Mysterious Adventure series of illustrated text adventures by Brian Howarth....
Escape from Shazzar! is a text adventure where you have to recover a thruster from your spacecraft from the Temple...
Escape the House is a brief first-person adventure game in which the player is trapped inside of a house, having...
The Collector's Edition of Escape the Lost Kingdom is promoted as being the first casual game with 3D effects through...
Commodore 64 (1989)
After a successful mission as a bomber pilot in World War II you are returning back to base when you...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.