DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Escape the House is a brief first-person adventure game in which the player is trapped inside of a house, having...
The Collector's Edition of Escape the Lost Kingdom is promoted as being the first casual game with 3D effects through...
Commodore 64 (1989)
After a successful mission as a bomber pilot in World War II you are returning back to base when you...
Like VariTale before it, TEA is a BBS door for automating the infrastructure permitting the playing of Choose-Your-Own-Adventure type plot-forking...
Eternally Us is a short 2D point-and-click adventure game about friendship. You play as Amber. You and your friend Fio...
Ether One is an exploratory adventure game where the player takes on the role of "The Restorer", an employee of...
Atari 8-bit (1983)
In E.T. Phone Home! the player controls Elliott, the hero of the movie E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. He has to search...
This was one of three games released as a tie-in to the 20th anniversary re-release in theaters of the movie...
Atari 2600 (1982)
E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial is a licensed adventure game, based on the movie. The adventure takes place on several screens with...
SEGA Saturn (1998)
EVE: burst error & EVE: The Lost One Value Pack is a bundle composed of 8 discs (4 for each...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.