DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
"Eve: The Fatal Attraction" is a chapter in EVE series, and is based on the hentai PC game Adam: The...
As a sequel to Missing (In Memoriam in Europe), Evidence: The Last Ritual is an adventure game that continues that...
Evil Days of Luckless John is a mix of genres, having the point and click adventures as a main reference....
Evocation: La Sfida is a point-and-click adventure, with a first-person perspective. Players can interact with the world by dragging objects...
Point Club is the second game in the point-and-click adventure series following the Italian Emilio Carboni through his exchange student...
Like his father before him, Garret "Ghostfighter" is a professional exorcist, born with a special ability to see all the...
The Experiment (eXperience112) is a third-person adventure game played from an unusual angle. The game is set aboard a grounded...
Commodore PET/CBM (1980)
Explore is a simple text-based exploration game. It uses a simple text parser with which the player can move around....
In this Swedish text adventure, you are Indiana Jones, and it is up to you to recover King Arthur's sword,...
Extrasolar is a web based real-time single-player alternate reality game designed to give players a realistic space exploration experience.The eXoplanetary...
Extrication is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. The interface consists of a portrait of the protagonist on the left...
ZX Spectrum (1984)
The Eye of Bain is the sixth in Artic's Adventure Series. The player represents a warrior who is in search...
This point-and-click graphic adventure game is filled with original jokes and slapstick comedy.The original storyline begins aboard a sailing vessel...
Published from 1995-96, the Fabled Lands series of gamebooks offered something previously unknown; an enormous, modular fantasy gamebook system offering...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.69 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.