DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Published from 1995-96, the Fabled Lands series of gamebooks offered something previously unknown; an enormous, modular fantasy gamebook system offering...
An entrepreneur receives an inheritance from a Great Aunt, a house at Carmel, California. The place is in need of...
Commodore 64 (1983)
You're just cruising along one day in your space ship when you are contacted by some security guy who demands...
A disillusioned private eye named Jack Maria Del Nero has accepted an ordinary request to find a twenty year old...
TurboGrafx CD (1990)
In Meikyū no Elfeane, the player takes the role of a real person - the Japanese singer and actress Tomomi...
This is a sequel to Legend of Fairies. The Shikigami sisters, Kumi and Koukaku, have to return to the Fairy...
Fairy Tale about Father Frost, Ivan and Nastya is a point-and-click adventure game with 2D graphics. The game tells the...
In a world that never quite got over the 80s, Delarion Yar dispenses quarters for the local arcade... badly. Trapped...
The player controls the actions, and more to the point, the hotspot-filled environment, of a whimsical little moonman who has...
Set in "The Fall" universe, the game continues the events of The Fall: Last Days of Gaia, but unlike its...
The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 - Separation (Collector's Edition) includes the original game plus the following additions: Strategy Guide with...
The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 - Separation is the first entry in a trilogy of adventure games with easy puzzles...
After solving all the puzzles from a cave complex filled with strange mechanisms and ancient ruins, the amnesiac protagonist starts...
The Fall Trilogy is a series of games where you play as John, a man suffering amnesia, who finds himself...
Commodore 64 (1984)
Fame Quest isn't a game about trying to become a rock or film star but being a lowly Knight in...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.