DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
In the year 2296, world-wide pollution has led to drastic changes in the natural order of things. Human organism, unable...
Feti is a short game that doesn't have a real plot; its entire text is a conversation between two "office...
Help Engeor, a student at the University of Magic, save Rovenland from the evil wizard Wahargem. In the beginning of...
Palm OS (2004)
You are a bold swordsman, penetrating deep within the monster-infested depths of the sinister wizard Zagor's catacomb fortress inside Firetop...
A computer adaptation of the 24th Fighting Fantasy gamebook, originally published in 1986, this adventure puts the player in (eventual)...
You play as Ryo, an ordinary teenager living a happy life with your girlfriend Mio. One day, you are visited...
An oligarch named Takanashi has built a prestigious girl's high school, known as the Hanatsuki High. Mishima, a young man...
In File, the player takes the role of young man named Pat, who is working for a powerful state security...
The Carson Stiles Gateway Theater has been closed for years following a series of murders. You have been invited by...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Finalist is romance comedy visual novel written by the scenario writer of Final Approach romance comedy adventure game. The story...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
This First Print Limited Edition release contains: Finalist game Bonus booklet containing new artwork and story called "Finalist Approach" by...
Final Soul is a text adventure game, where you are stuck in the house, and through puzzles and riddles, must...
Finder Love: Aki Hoshino is one of the three Finder Love games that were released simultaneously, each of them starring...
Hope relives her memories while browsing an old photo album, remembering moments of her life raising a family through the...
A rudimentary Christian text adventure with a multiple-choice navigational interface, the game puts in the player (following an introductory throwaway...
Firestart is a remake of Project Firestart, an early 'survival horror' title, released in 1989 on the Commodore 64.The setting...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.