DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Forsaken is a free 2D side-scrolling game. The characters are displayed as black and white silhouettes which adds to the...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Originally for Dreamcast platform, this game was soon ported to Windows with several updates. However, PlayStation 2 release features yet...
Game Boy Advance (2006)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is based on the animated series of the same name on Cartoon Network, created by...
Foundations is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory and the game can be controlled via mouse...
In the future, the cities of the Earth merge into a single megalopolis. Life has stabilized, and each new day...
Four Gates to Freedom consists of two parts: an action game and an adventure game. The action game has to...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
One summer day, a young man named Kaname Ōsaka receives a letter with no return address. "If you remember where...
In this point-and-click adventure made with AGS you play Jamie, an unemployed simple-minded young man who frequently attracts trouble.One day...
Frasse and the Peas of Kejick is a freeware, third-person point-and-click adventure game. Frasse, a little blue hairy monster, finds...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.