DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Forever Worlds tells the tale of ancient magic, myth and inter-dimensional time travel.Deep in the rain forests of the Amazon,...
Forsaken is a free 2D side-scrolling game. The characters are displayed as black and white silhouettes which adds to the...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Originally for Dreamcast platform, this game was soon ported to Windows with several updates. However, PlayStation 2 release features yet...
Game Boy Advance (2006)
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends is based on the animated series of the same name on Cartoon Network, created by...
Foundations is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory and the game can be controlled via mouse...
In the future, the cities of the Earth merge into a single megalopolis. Life has stabilized, and each new day...
Four Gates to Freedom consists of two parts: an action game and an adventure game. The action game has to...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
One summer day, a young man named Kaname Ōsaka receives a letter with no return address. "If you remember where...
In this point-and-click adventure made with AGS you play Jamie, an unemployed simple-minded young man who frequently attracts trouble.One day...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.