DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
A point-and-click adventure game with 45 puzzle-filled scenes. The world of Gaea is falling into darkness. Eve, a seamstress who...
In Gag you play Gary Tusker, a secret service agent who is specialized in preventing sexual and religious perversions. He...
SEGA Saturn (1995)
Gakkō no Kaidan is an interactive movie with adventure elements, made to tie in with a Japanese ghost-themed film of...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Gakuen Heaven: Boy's Love Scramble is a visual novel in which a male player character pursues relationships with other men,...
Millions of light years away from Earth, on a planet called Cicero, there existed a highly advanced civilization. However, it...
By the end of the 20th century, women have acquired a prominent role in the human society. Entertainment, arts, and...
The protagonist of the game is a teacher in St. Marianna Girls High School, which his sister also attends. One...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Originally a console visual novel, and as such non-adult by default, this game focuses on a slice-of-life story of Manami...
Atari 8-bit (1992)
Gallahad is an adventure game. The game takes place in the castle and its surroundings. The main character of the...
Games Games And More Games: Volume 1 is a compilation of shareware games. The compilation comes on a single CD-Rom...
Get with this compilation 3 of LucasArts all-time-adventures-classics: Maniac Mansion Zak McKracken Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
FM Towns (1992)
This compilation contains: Himitsu no Hanazono Kimi Dake ni Ai o... Dragon Eyes There's also a bonus section featuring a...
FM Towns (1993)
This compilation contains: Tesera Kimi wa Kegareta Tenshi ka Seinaru Majo ka!? Hatsukoi Monogatari There's also a bonus section featuring...
The Game That Takes Place on a Cruise Ship is a 2D point-and-click cartoon adventure game. The player controls Gertrude...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.