DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
TurboGrafx CD (1993)
Fushigi no Umi no Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water is one of the several games based on the anime...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Futakoi Alternative (aka Twin Love Alternative) is a spin off of a TV anime with the same name. As the...
A timewarp in space transports you to the year 2190 and places you in a strange city called Futuria. This...
Machida Haruko, nicknamed "Faru", is a young girl who was living together with her sister Mei. Mei has mysteriously disappeared,...
The third game in the series takes Gabriel Knight, the former owner of a book store in New Orleans, and...
A point-and-click adventure game with 45 puzzle-filled scenes. The world of Gaea is falling into darkness. Eve, a seamstress who...
In Gag you play Gary Tusker, a secret service agent who is specialized in preventing sexual and religious perversions. He...
SEGA Saturn (1995)
Gakkō no Kaidan is an interactive movie with adventure elements, made to tie in with a Japanese ghost-themed film of...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Gakuen Heaven: Boy's Love Scramble is a visual novel in which a male player character pursues relationships with other men,...
Millions of light years away from Earth, on a planet called Cicero, there existed a highly advanced civilization. However, it...
By the end of the 20th century, women have acquired a prominent role in the human society. Entertainment, arts, and...
The protagonist of the game is a teacher in St. Marianna Girls High School, which his sister also attends. One...
PlayStation 2 (2007)
Originally a console visual novel, and as such non-adult by default, this game focuses on a slice-of-life story of Manami...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.