DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Games Games And More Games: Volume 1 is a compilation of shareware games. The compilation comes on a single CD-Rom...
Get with this compilation 3 of LucasArts all-time-adventures-classics: Maniac Mansion Zak McKracken Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
FM Towns (1992)
This compilation contains: Himitsu no Hanazono Kimi Dake ni Ai o... Dragon Eyes There's also a bonus section featuring a...
FM Towns (1993)
This compilation contains: Tesera Kimi wa Kegareta Tenshi ka Seinaru Majo ka!? Hatsukoi Monogatari There's also a bonus section featuring...
The Game That Takes Place on a Cruise Ship is a 2D point-and-click cartoon adventure game. The player controls Gertrude...
The protagonist of the game is a college student named Yuuji Shibata. One evening, just after hearing on the news...
A biological experiment that began in 1993 led to a terrible disaster in the beginning of 21st century. A virus...
Wild Force is set in the same post-apocalyptic world as the previous entry in the GaoGao series. A virus turned...
The fourth entry in the GaoGao series is set in the same post-apocalyptic world as the two previous games. In...
In this freeware fanmade adventure, made with the AGS engine, Garfield is forced to break away from his everlasting eat...
Garfield the epicurean cat has been sent to a haunted house in order to collect seven sugary desserts, primarily donuts,...
Some sweets seem to be worth quite a lot of trouble for Garfield, as he went to a haunted house...
Gast the ghost is the caretaker of an amusement park. An evil clown takes over the park, and Gast must...
Gateway is a simple browser-based point and click adventure game, the objective of the game is to simply get from...
A huge, strangely shaped object was spotted just outside the orbit of Pluto. Scientists dub this object "The Artifact", assuming...
Started in Kittens & Cacti the damage of Reality-on-the-Norm is continued by the kittens in a search for the chicken,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.