DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
A earthquake in Mexico reveals an odd artifact. Now the player takes the role of archaeologist Curtis Mulligan who investigates...
This is the first volume of the side-story to Konami's famous RPG series Suikoden. You play as Nash, a special...
This is a side story to Konami's RPG series Suikoden. The events of the game take place between the second...
You are a member of the Blit Rescue and Tracking Squad (BRATS). Your unit's mission is to rescue Blit whenever...
Commodore 64 (1985)
Street Beat is an adventure in the land of good groove. You basically have a ghettoblaster, and you go around...
Ghost in the Sheet is a paranormal comedy adventure in which you play a ghost investigating a mystery. It also...
Arguably boasting the most intriguing premise of any Paul Panks game, Ghost of the Fireflies sees the player initially directing...
In Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island you control three characters: Papa Doc, a vooju priest; Jane Starling, a lovely female...
In this erotic game, the player directs the activities of a Shinto priestess, laying to rest a series of disturbed...
ZX Spectrum (1983)
Ghost Town is a text adventure with some simple graphics acting as a map. The game is set in an...
Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1985)
Once a prosperous place to live, your town has been turned into a Ghost Town by the evil wizard Belegro...
A reporter goes to the deserted town of Bodie, California, to investigate ghost sightings of Evelyn Byers, a seven years...
Sayaka Kimura is a twenty-six year old women married to an older man who has two teenage children, a boy...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.