DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Almost eighteen years after the release of Gobliiins for the PC and Amiga platforms, series father Pierre Gilhodes sends his...
Commodore 64 (1983)
Goblin Towers is a text based treasure hunting adventure. A large and ancient castle stands in a large and ancient...
The player controls a luminescent nugget of ectoplasm, a lost soul trapped in the cave between this world and the...
Goice contains three episodes, which tell three separate stories, but share the same villains: human-looking aliens under the command of...
New York in the year 2072 isn't a very nice place to live. The population is divided into two groups:...
ZX Spectrum (1983)
This is the fifth game in Artic's Adventure Series . The player takes the role of an adventurer who is...
Commodore 64 (1983), Atari 8-bit (1983), ZX Spectrum (1983), VIC-20 (1984), TRS-80 (1981), Dragon 32/64 (1984), Browser (2001), BBC Micro (1982), Electron (1986), Oric (1983), Commodore 16, Plus/4 (1985) and Colour Genie (1983)
Your mission is to retrieve the Golden Baton, a priceless artifact worshipped by your race for eons. It maintains balance...
Die Goldene Mähne des Samson is a German point&click type adventure game with graphics and selectable dialog line choices. The...
The Golden Medallion is an adventure game. The story begins when sorcerer Yenkin's feelings for the princess Perl have been...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.