DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
PS Vita (2014)
Hanayamata: Yosakoi Live! is a school-themed comedy visual novel adventure game with a rhythm based elements. The game is based...
"Happy and Indigo" is an Israeli Educational game for kids. You play with Effi and Indigo, Crow and Snail looking...
Happy and Indigo: Green Adventure is an Israeli educational game for kids and the third game in the Happy and...
Happy and Indigo: Green Land is an Israeli educational game for kids and the sixth game in the Happy and...
Happy and Indigo: Love Star is an Israeli educational game for kids and the fifth game in the Happy and...
Happy and Indigo: The Journey to Iris is an Israeli educational game for kids and the first game in the...
Happy and Indigo: The Journey to Space is an Israeli educational game for kids and the fourth game in the...
PlayStation 2 (2003)
This First Print Limited Edition boxed release contains: Happy Breeding: Cheerful Party game Special artbook (32 pages) containing colored illustrations,...
Commodore 64 (1990)
Harboro, Lost in the Amazon and St. Jives is a compilation of three text adventures written by Dorothy Millard: Harboro...
The story of Harenochi Munasawagi does not start in a very original way: the protagonist is a high-school boy named...
Harp is a young fairy of the Butterfly tribe. One day she and her friends meet an old man from...
Harp Vol. I is a remake of Harp: A Fantasy Adventure Book. This version has VGA graphics as opposed to...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
Haru no Ashioto for PlayStation 2 is a port from the Windows game with the same name, with removed adult...
Harvest is a suspenseful mystery adventure game. This first game by the independent developer Michael B. Clark delves into the...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.