DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
PlayStation 2 (2005)
The game is based on the anime series Mars of Destruction. In year 2016, mankind finally reaches the planet Mars....
Claudius killed your father and he's feeling quite smug about it—maybe you should teach him a thing or two. But...
Hampster [sic] Huey is an extremely brief maze-navigation game in which a hamster attempts to traverse a small, green-hued maze...
You were thrilled to hear that a month stay was arranged for you in an old manor. For a horror...
The protagonist of this game is a bastard son of a rich man. Your father has died, and his legal...
PS Vita (2014)
Hanayamata: Yosakoi Live! is a school-themed comedy visual novel adventure game with a rhythm based elements. The game is based...
"Happy and Indigo" is an Israeli Educational game for kids. You play with Effi and Indigo, Crow and Snail looking...
Happy and Indigo: Green Adventure is an Israeli educational game for kids and the third game in the Happy and...
Happy and Indigo: Green Land is an Israeli educational game for kids and the sixth game in the Happy and...
Happy and Indigo: Love Star is an Israeli educational game for kids and the fifth game in the Happy and...
Happy and Indigo: The Journey to Iris is an Israeli educational game for kids and the first game in the...
Happy and Indigo: The Journey to Space is an Israeli educational game for kids and the fourth game in the...
Commodore 64 (1990)
Harboro, Lost in the Amazon and St. Jives is a compilation of three text adventures written by Dorothy Millard: Harboro...
The story of Harenochi Munasawagi does not start in a very original way: the protagonist is a high-school boy named...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.