DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Tara is an apprentice enchantress that must find a series of magical tarot cards with the help of a talking...
In Agharta: The Hollow Earth, set in 1926, the player takes the role of a nameless pilot who gets hired...
You, as Professor Samuel Hunt, a scientist of the British Museum, receive a mysterious letter while working at night, then...
The clue found by Professor Hunt in the British Museum in the the first episode pointed to Lapland, land of...
In this episode, you again take the role of Professor Samuel Hunt who travels to tropical Madagascar to track the...
AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo is the fourth installment in the AGON Episodic Adventures series. Professor Samuel Hunt travels...
Atari ST (1990)
You wake up lying in the street with a severe headache and some memory loss i.e. you have no idea...
Donavan Rand is a crime lord hiding in an old hotel where he thinks he is safe. Unfortunately for him...
The game is a remake of the computer game of the same name. It adds an animated intro, voice-overs, and...
Based on the anime series Ah! My Goddess, the game follows the story of a Japanese high-school student named Keiichi,...
Air is a Japanese "interactive novel" in which you play as three different characters through three different scenarios. The first...
The PSP port of Air is similar to the console ports as it has all the adult content removed and...
~airwave~: I Fought the Law, and the Law One is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory...
A Journey Into Xanth takes place in the magical world of Xanth known from the books of Piers Anthony. The...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Based on the novel by Akagawa Jirou, the story puts you in a role of a high-school teacher who due...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.