DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
An eccentric multi-millionaire called Charles Johnson hires a Hawaiian-based diving team to search for Japan's 800-year-old Diamond Medal, set with...
Head over Heels is a small adventure game.It consists of a single room that is continuously mirrored vertically. Like this...
Yusuke Sawada is the type of guy who always sees the glass as half empty and cries a lot. Against...
Heartland is a adventure game developed with the AGS engine. The entire game takes place in a single rendered room,...
Heaven is a first-person, point-and-click adventure game inspired by the Book of Revelations as described in the Christian Bible. The...
The Gods have created a beautiful world, but humans have created sin. So mankind is cursed and should disappear. One...
PlayStation 3 (2010)
This move edition includes: Heavy Rain Support for Playstation Move Controller Add-on Heavy Rain: Chronicle One - The Taxidermist Heavy...
Heed is a free 2D click-and-point adventure game. It features an inventory. The game can be controlled via mouse.Story: A...
Heileen, an English girl aged 16, is visiting a small Bavarian village together with her uncle Otto, an influential merchant...
Heileen is an 18-year old girl who lost both of her parents early in life. In their stead, she was...
The future Tokyo is a megapolis built on top of a huge system of underground tunnels and sewers. A rumor...
Nintendo DS (2008)
Hello Pocoyo! is the first console game based on Pocoyo, the award winning animated series created and developed by Zinkia....
Commodore 64 (1987)
Ancient Greece is no longer a nice place to live with wild beasts roaming the lands with supernatural powers and...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.