DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Nintendo DS (2008)
Based on the novel by Akagawa Jirou, the story puts you in a role of a high-school teacher who due...
The game is based on the detective story Ghost Train, the first one written by the popular Japanese author Jirō...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
In this interactive manga-themed novel the player is cast as the female character Kei Hatou who is hunted by goblins...
Akiko Yagami is a young woman who has just accepted a teaching job offer from the Noble Girls High School....
Xbox 360 (2009)
A Killer's Dream is a part horror, part puzzle game in which the player must experience in game dreams in...
The game is based on the animé movie of the same name. The year is 2019, 31 years after World...
TurboGrafx CD (1994)
A cross between Japanese-style adventure and educational game dedicated to mathematics, Sūgaku Mystery ("Mathematical Mystery") stars a real-world person, the...
Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride is a virtual reality game at DisneyQuest, Walt Disney World. Players take a seat at a...
Alchemia is a point-and-click adventure game similar to the Samorost series. You will guide Noses, the main character of the...
Alchemia: Extended Version is an expansion of the free browser game Alchemia. This version is not free any more, but...
This collector's edition includes the following:Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's MineGame package signed by Britney Brimhall and Chris WarrenCollectible...
Alfabet Śmierci is an adventure game with graphics presented in the form of photographs. The action takes place in Dęby...
Atari 8-bit (1994)
Alfa-Boot is an adventure game with a point-and-click interface; the protagonist is a special agent, sent out to stop a...
In Alfred Hitchcock Presents The Final Cut the player takes the role of the psychic private investigator Joseph Shamley, who...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.