DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Commodore 64 (1985)
The Pharoah's Lost Tomb contains the valuable emerald of Scarabaeus, and you have set off to find it. You walk...
Set between Lunchtime of the Damned and Vengeance of the Chicken the game introduces Alec Spherguson, an alien agent from...
Invincible Island Remake is a freeware adaptation of a text adventure released for the ZX Spectrum in 1983, submitted as...
Amstrad CPC (1987)
Receiving the invitation telegram from some mysterious baron, you as journalist specialized in occult sciences have agreed to visit his...
PlayStation 2 (2006)
This limited-edition release of I/O contains the game along with an artbook featuring production sketches and guest illustrations, a solar-powered...
Iron Roses is a 3D adventure game with a rock-and-roll theme, in the "find objects, and use them on other...
PS Vita (2015)
Irotoridori no Sekai release for PlayStation Vita includes these two visual novel games from PC releases merged into one story:...
Nintendo DS (2009)
Tingle returns in his third game outside of The Legend of Zelda main series. An ordinary 35-year-old man is watching...
ir/rational Redux is a revamped version of ir/rational, a short text adventure written and programmed by Tom Jubert.The protagonist is...
...Iru! is a first person survival horror game in the vein of Clock Tower and Echo Night in which you...
Kenta is an ordinary Japanese teenager who enjoys his high school life. One day, he receives an anonymous letter, apparently...
Island Investigation is a Flash game that was used to promote LEGO BIONICLE's 2006 line and the band All-American Rejects...
In the sequel to Castle of Dr. Brain, you will have to assist Dr. Brain in retrieving a battery for...
The Island of Lost Hope is a text-adventure with a pirate theme. The parser has standard Infocom-like abilities: it understands...
Isle of the Dead is a mixture between a first-person shooter and a traditional point-and-click adventure game. While walking through...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.