DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
ZX Spectrum (1990)
The aim of the game is to rescue a girl tied to a stake on one side of the landscape....
When someone dies with a powerful grudge, a curse is born. A series of Ju-On horror movies all by the...
SEGA CD (1993)
This is the Sega CD game based on the 1993 Steven Spielberg movie based on the book by Michael Crichton....
The Intruder is the first episode in a four-part series based on the Jurassic Park franchise that started with a...
The year is 2013. Powerful companies decide to build a new city on a piece of land that remained from...
The game is based on the anime Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (also known under differently translated titles Battle of the...
TurboGrafx CD (1989)
The protagonist of the game was watching a performance by the Japanese singer Noriko Sakai (NORI-P) on TV. Suddenly, the...
Kagetsu Tohya is a sequel to Tsukihime, featuring the same main character, a high-school student named Shiki Tohno. The game's...
The legend of Kaguya-hime is one of the most popular stories in Japanese mythology. Once upon a time, an old...
Nikki, the hero of the game, is a cybernetically enhanced young man from the future. His "home time" is the...
Kajko i kokosz: Mirmiłowo Wielkie is the first of three chapters of adventure game Kajko i Kokosz: Twierdza Czarnoksiężnika, loosely...
Kajko i kokosz: Podstęp Kaprala is the second of three chapters of adventure game Kajko i Kokosz: Twierdza Czarnoksiężnika, loosely...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.