DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Tokyo, the 21st century. The internet has grown to be an enormously important part of life, and a digital world...
Alice in Wonderland is a text adventure based on Lewis Carroll's book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. There are 16 objects...
Alice in Wonderland is a game based on Lewis Carrol's classic story. The game is a side-scrolling adventure game in...
Alice is Dead: Chapter 1 is a short point-and-click adventure game based on Lewis Carroll's novel Alice's Adventures in Wonderland....
Alice is Dead: Episode 2 is, like its predecessor Alice is Dead: Chapter 1, a short point-and-click adventure based on...
Alice is Dead: Episode 3 is a sequel to Alice is Dead: Episode 2. Like its predecessor, it is a...
Alice follows the White Rabbit down the rabbit hole and into an interactive re-telling of the classic book by Lewis...
This short text adventure casts the player as the sole survivor of a space disaster involving the luxury liner "Adonis."...
Alien Earth is an isometric action adventure game about aliens who have enslaved earth and keep humans around only to...
Atari 8-bit (1981)
You are making your way through the murky depths of the mine shaft when you hear a disturbing sound. Paying...
In Alien Incident you play the role of a teenager called Benjamin who is visiting his uncle's house at Halloween....
In 2034 year humans live in harmony with aliens. Alotta Aynoos, a 19-year-old virgin is living in a prosperous area...
You play Lt. Col. Hericksen, an ex-colonial marine who is now the commander of a three-man terraforming team. Your objective...
Returning to the minimalist roots of the text adventure genre, this game puts the player in charge of a protagonist...
Alien Virus is a point-and-click adventure with a sci-fi setting and SVGA graphics. The player uses the command bar (with...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.