DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Lydia's first day of school at the Dragonvale School of Magic doesn't turn out as she expected. The hustle and...
Nintendo DS (2008)
This game features two stories of J.B. Harold, the private investigator. Two stories are the alternate version of the same...
A teenager fishmonger's apprentice called Keith has to rescue his friend from an enchantment casted by the evil Magician Minto.Keith's...
In the sequel to to the first Kekkō Kamen, the player is no longer required to control the satanic protagonist...
When a Japanese game's title includes a word that can be understood as "corporal punishment" (shioki), it's not hard to...
Kellie Stanford is a movie studio stylist that plans to make a career move and become a cinematographer. One day...
Nintendo DS (2004)
Kenshūi Tendō Dokuta is a medical drama that focuses on challenges of a young new doctor, Dokuta Tendō. He is...
The Key is a freeware graphical adventure game. It is set in the future on a distant planet (time unknown...
Key Features is an interactive fiction advertising game, commissioned to promote the Replicator, a 3D printer produced by MakerBot Industries....
Keys to Gondrun is a text adventure where you journey beneath the Enchanted Forest and attempt to find the missing...
Emily is a struggling artist that returns to her childhood home in New York, after her uncle Stanley mysteriously vanished...
Karolin, Chris and Philipp: they are not just best friends, they are Die Pferdebande ("The Horse Club").They ride, they jump...
Apple II (1980)
Adventure International tried to corner the youngster market with their Kid Venture series, aimed at children 4-10 years old. Get...
A horrific monster beyond description emerges from the wilderness and lays waste to a small farming community. The player chooses...
Game Boy Color (2000)
10-nenme no Shoutaijou (10年目の招待状) is the mystery adventure game from Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (金田一少年の事件簿) series based on manga series,...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games by as rated by our users:
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.06 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1993)
- 3.75 Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders (1991)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 3.94 Myst III: Exile (2001)
- 3.91 Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (1991)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 3.93 Neuromancer (1988)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.