DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
La Croix Pan is a short AGS adventure game set in the town of the same name in June 1944....
LA Law: The Computer Game casts the player as one of three characters from the American television show that aired...
BBC Micro (1984)
L: A Mathemagical Adventure is an educational text adventure game that contains mathematical and logical puzzles. The game begins with...
Travel back to the Age of Chivalry when knights were bold, galloping across the countryside and rescuing damsels in distress....
Commodore 64 (1984)
Land of Tezrel is a text adventure where your quest is to search a land to find the Magic Ring...
Commodore 64 (1992)
Even against all advice, you as a scientist have decided to carry on with an experiment which seems to have...
L'Ange et le Demon is a French adventure game that takes place around the Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy, France. It is...
PlayStation 3 (2011)
The US launch release for PlayStation 3 comes with a voucher for a bonus downloadable content.This release contains: L.A. Noire...
PlayStation 3 (2011)
During original L.A. Noire, officer, and later detective, Cole Phelps get assigned to various different areas of investigation. Those areas...
Commodore 64 (1985)
The King of Alkanien is gravelly ill and you have been tasked to find The Lapis Philosophorum to heal him...
ZX Spectrum (1986)
You have been trapped in a vortex by the Gods of Zzam. To escape you must bring them their crystals,...
DVD Player (2006)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Action Adventure is an interactive movie based on Lara Croft: Tomb Raider - The Angel...
In this sequel to Larry Vales: Traffic Division, Larry is still a measly traffic officer while his partner got all...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.