DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
The prophecies of old tell of a cataclysm which will bring an era of pain and destruction, the responsible would...
WorldSpiral: Liath is a Russian-made point-and-click, third-person graphical adventure which involves talking to people, solving puzzles and general exploring. In...
Commodore 64 (1988)
Lifeboat Adventure is a text adventure where the game claims to be based on a true story about the clipper...
Lifeboat: Story of Cedrick - The Directors Ultimate Super Cut Edition is a free 2D point-and-click adventure. You control the...
PlayStation 2 (2003)
The year is 2029. The date is Christmas Eve. At the grand opening of the Japan Space Station Hotel, a...
Nintendo DS (2005)
LifeSigns is similar to Trauma Center medical games, but focuses more on the story and character development, almost like a...
Father Randolph Holton, a Catholic priest, has disappeared. The son that no one knows about, John, goes to his father's...
Lifetime is a visual novel made for the May 2011 Experimental Gameplay Project with the theme "zoom". It tells the...
This point-and-click adventure game is the successor to Dark Fall: The Journal but is not a sequel as such, since...
The Light is a short adventure game with a horror theme. The protagonist starts inside a large, abandoned building that...
Limbo of the Lost is an adventure game that puts the player in the role of an advisor to Captain...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
This PlayStation 2 version is a port from PC (Windows) game Lime Iro Senkitan (which in turn spanned a TV...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
This deluxe pack release of Lime Iro Senkitan contains: Lime Iro Senkitan: Jun - Meiji Nihon, Otome Sakimorisu. Lime Iro...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.69 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.