DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
FM Towns (1989)
Linkage: The 4th Unit 1・2 Towns contains two games: The 4th Unit The 4th Unit 2 Visually, the games are...
This Enhanced Edition contains a port of the mobile version of Little Big Adventure (which is a port itself) as...
Little Busters! Ecstasy is an enhanced version of Little Busters. As opposed to the original release, this version contains scenes...
Some may feel that Czech director Jan Svankmajer's 1988 film Neco z Alenky is the authoritative Soviet adaptation of Lewis...
Little Jonny Evil is a free 2D point-and-click adventure. You control the game with the mouse and have access to...
STORY You play Ouji Kamogawa (19) a bright student with a promising academic future, which unfortunately comes crashing down when...
It all began with a mysterious envelope. An envelope containing nothing more than a photo of Anton and Amelia from...
You are Kentarou Kogawa, a Japanese high-school student. One day you meet your girlfriend and the two of you go...
In a world full of robots, one day, because of an accident, the main power generator went out, deactivating all...
Living Nightmare Deluxe is a free 2D point-and-click adventure. You control the game with the mouse and have access to...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.69 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.