DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Loophole was originally an interactive television game similar to the Hugo series where players phoned in and competed live in...
In the year 1179, on a small island off the coast of Wales, Baron Michel de Lustie interrupts the king's...
Lost is a single-player, shareware, 3D maze exploration game. In the shareware version of the game there is a single...
PlayStation 2 (2004)
The protagonist of the game, Yuuji Oguma, is having a strange dream lately. He's dreaming of someone being surrounded by...
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura is an adventure game set in the 16th century. The story starts in Barcelona where inventor...
Commodore 64 (1985)
You are an explorer deep in the jungles of South America searching in a Lost City of the Maya for...
The Lost Crown: A Ghost-Hunting Adventure is a 3rd-person point-and-click adventure game from Jonathan Boakes, creator of the Dark Fall...
This homebrew typing-optional .NET text adventure, apparently inspired by the graphical interfaces of Legend's adventures and games developed using the...
Lost Dutchman's Gold is a text based adventure game. Your goal in the game is to find the legendary lost...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.