DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Lula, star of Wet: The Sexy Empire, is the protagonist of this point-and-click adventure game. No longer the cutesy, comical...
Cargo ships have been disappearing near the planet Lotis IV, home of the Lumpies: entire crews are missing, and this...
SEGA Saturn (1996)
A traveler named Fred has lost his memory. The only thing that gives him a clue to his past is...
Long ago a civilization of people worshipped the Moon and moved to caverns underground to escape mankind. Their life support...
The Special Edition of Lunar Deep: The Adventure Below is an updated version that includes: Realistic looking characters with animated...
Teenage magician Davy Jones, and his girlfriend Elandra, perform a resurrection ritual at the graveyard in hopes of bringing a...
FM Towns (1990)
Hong Kong no Mashu is based on the manga Lupin the 3rd and is built like an episode in the...
Nintendo DS (2008)
All is not well in Kisaragi City. Many people have been acting strangely, their lives slowly spiraling out of control....
PlayStation 3 (2011)
Shokai Genteiban release of [email protected] Once: Mermaid's Tears include the following bonus content: New box drawing by Mutsumi Sasaki Special...
PlayStation 2 (2005)
Mabino Style is a dating simulation visual novel set in a fantasy world of magic. You are a student in...
Commodore 64 (1984)
As detailed and careful an examination as any historical military simulation, Macbeth recreates the challenges faced by Lord and Lady...
Machinarium is a point-and-click adventure set in a mechanical world where the player controls a small robot that has been...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 3-D Animated Adventure Games Starter Pack (1987)
- 4.65 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.62 The Longest Journey (Special Edition) (2006)
- 4.62 Fatal Frame III: The Tormented (2005)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.