DescriptionAdventure games emphasize experiencing a story through dialogue and puzzle solving. Gameplay mechanics emphasize decision over action. Puzzle solving usually revolves around combining or manipulating items to advance the story. Some sub-genres like visual novels often skip on the puzzle solving and focus fully on interactive narrative. The name Adventure stems from the game Adventure (a.k.a. Colossal Cave), and not to the unrelated film/book genre Adventure.
Atari 8-bit (1993)
Magia (Magic) is a Polish adventure game in which the player controls the knight Alakhin, transformed into a ghost via...
A powerful, wealthy and mysterious man named Alex orders his servant to gather sorcerers and cast a spell that would...
Kumi is an ordinary Japanese teenage girl. At least she was ordinary until one day, walking back home, she spotted...
The second Magical Story Series game is not connected to the predecessor story-wise, but has a similar premise. The heroine...
Katrina is an apprentice sorcerer at the Magic School. One day, she receives a letter from her brother and fellow...
Magic Fairy Tales - Barbie As Rapunzel + Hot Wheels - Custom Car Designer is a two title compilation aimed...
Commodore 64 (1985)
The Magician's Ball is a single player text adventure with graphics that features Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells as in-game music.For...
The Magic Roundabout is a single player, mouse controlled game for children based on the television series broadcast by the...
Magic, clad in her red bikini, awakes to find herself on a tropical beach she has never seen before. Is...
Commodore 64 (1984)
Magic Stone is a single player interactive fiction adventure game.The mansion of Graf Von Schwarzherzen lies in the wastelands of...
Magnetic: The Game of Games is a game played from a first-person perspective that allows the player's character to walk...
Top games by as rated by the press:
- 94 Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
- 93 Shadowfire
- 93 The Pawn
- 93 Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- 92 Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
- 92 Shenmue II
- 92 Sakura Taisen 2: Kimi, Shinitamou koto Nakare
- 92 Ollo in the Sunny Valley Fair
- 92 Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
- 92 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Games must have at least a Critic Score of 80 to be considered.
Top games as rated by our users:
- 4.85 Life Is Strange: Season Pass - Episodes 2-5 (2015)
- 4.79 Anchorhead (1998)
- 4.67 Life Is Strange: Episode 1 - Chrysalis (2015)
- 4.61 Museum Madness (1994)
- 4.60 Sakura Taisen 3: Pari wa Moete iru ka? (2001)
- 4.56 Life Is Strange: Episode 4 - Dark Room (2015)
- 4.52 The Book of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles (2011)
- 4.51 Biosys (1999)
- 4.49 Life Is Strange: Episode 3 - Chaos Theory (2015)
- 4.48 Lost Horizon (2010)
Games must have at least 5 votes and a User Score of 4.0 to be considered.